Monday, January 21, 2013

37 Weeks: Now or Later

This baby has dropped very low. I'm definitely waddling. I've had contractions daily since I hit 36 weeks. They now come regularly, but still show all the signs of being pre-labor, lasting for two minutes or slowing down at night. Sadly, all this tells me is that I'll have the baby sometime in the next couple of weeks. You know, between now and my due date.

The toddler swings back and forth between extra-hilarious and extra-irritable. There are a LOT of extra requests for Mommy, which is such a change from his usual Dad-centric view of the world. Perhaps it's because I can't do as much as I did without a Butterball in my gut. Maybe he understands that his world is about to change. Whatever it is, nothing can change the fact that I love that little dude with unbelievable magnitude. He's going to be such a cool big brother.

Oddly, I still haven't had that legendary mom guilt about cheating him out of one-on-one time by having another baby now, rather than when he's older. Is it because we've shared a LOT of time together? (That is, nearly all of every single day of his life?) Is it because he is thriving in his two-morning-a-week preschool? Is it because I wonder why people don't feel bad for the second child, who will never get the same one-on-one attention that the first had in the earliest years?

Whatever the case... I'm just about out of time to worry about it. I've told my husband that I don't think this baby will wait for February. I've told my friends that I'm suspicious of this weekend's full moon. Time will tell. But our Go bags are packed and the baby laundry is put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment