Saturday, January 12, 2013

36 Weeks: Nesting


Last night I woke up from a feeling of being punched in the cervix from above. As the day went on, I realized it was the baby dropping. There's some relief in my ribcage, but new pressure and pain down low. And so I've engaged in a mild panic.

Thankfully there aren't any signs of labor. Yet. But. My husband just brought down the stash of newborn stuff from the attic. I have clothes and covers to wash and toys and a pump to clean before this baby gets here. There's a freezer to clear out and many meals to prepare. I'm only 6 weeks into the story of our time in England at my other blog, and there are hundreds of photos of First that I mean to place in an album before Second arrives. Time is running out!

Then there's the toddler, yelling "mommy mommy mommy" every two minutes. In between that, he's likely climbing on a table, yelling "no," trying to ride the dog or running away from me. It all makes me wonder how it's going to work with two? I'm trying not to let it stress me out.

For now, though, I'm happy to have found a babysitter! My husband and I are actually going on a date, for the first time since... uh... um... August? Yeow. It will be nice to enjoy some time to ourselves while we can. There's a full moon in two weeks, and they say many women go into labor during a full moon. Might this little guy be early? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment