Saturday, December 22, 2012

33 Weeks: A Bumpdate


Less than 2 months to b-day! And this time my husband's home? What an adjustment, having someone around to ask for help when I need it. I don't have to take out the trash. We can tag-team the bedtime routine. I don't have to be the one to make up every conversation between my son's toys.

This past weekend I visited Brussels with some girlfriends. I spent three whole days away from my little guy – for the first time ever. It was really invigorating to get some good sleep, talk to adults and see some new scenery. But it was kind of a bummer when I went to him the next morning and he said, "Daddy's working?" instead of "Oh Mommy Mommy Mommy I missed you!" We seem to be back on track now, though.

I did buy a sweet, fuzzy, French lovey for #2 while I was away, as proof that I'm excited for his arrival. So I feel it's time for a formal update.

Baby's Size: Baby Center tells me he's over 4 pounds now. And he's definitely out of room in here!
Cravings: Nothing specific, really. Just the random nostalgia cravings of our pre-parenthood Omaha haunts and the accompanying beer/wine/spirits that went with them. 
Aversions: None.
Movement: This kid is training for the Olympics! He even kicked First during story time the other day. The two-year-old said, "Brother kicking!"
What I Miss: Wine. Belgian beer. Decent restaurants with take-out and delivery. Having a waist.
What I Most Look Forward To: Meeting our new little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment