Sunday, October 21, 2012

24 Weeks: Lists

Things I Know Better Than to Think About Having a Baby (This Time Around)

  • My husband will know exactly what to do to make me feel empowered in labor.
  • Waking up to pee in the middle of the night is good conditioning for waking up to feed a baby.
  • They say breastfeeding is hard, but how hard can it really be?

Top 5 Things I Don't Need for This Baby

  1. Blankets, handmade or otherwise
  2. Clothing with words on it
  3. Stuffed animals (unless they are crazy cute, like these)
  4. To delay the newborn photo shoot
  5. Pretty much everything else
Top 3 Things I Do Want for This Baby
  1. Ergobaby carrier
  2. To decorate the nursery without having to paint
  3. Newborn through 3 month sleep & plays – we borrowed them all for our last one!
Miscellany
  • This week was the first time that someone I haven't told that I'm pregnant asked me about being pregnant.
  • Though, I'm starting to get paranoid about how often people say "I didn't even realize! You're so small!" when I mention that I am, in fact, pregnant.
  • But I can barely zip my jacket anymore.
  • And I have to squat to pick up stuff off the floor.
  • First asked to read "I'm a Big Brother" three times today. Yesterday, he said, "Brother – out?"
  • It's nearly November, and November is just 3 months from when I'm due. 
  • I'm really tired, and tired of First waking up at 2:30 AM for me to come to him. And of being hungry at 2:45 AM. And from Second moving around from 2:50 to 3:30 AM. 
  • But I still set my alarm for 6:50 at least every other morning to shower before First wakes up for the day.
Things I Will Stock Up on For Myself Before Baby Arrives (Other than Maxi Pads)
  • Dry shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment