Sunday, February 3, 2013

39 Weeks: Ready! A Bumpdate


I can't wait to see the little foot that keeps kicking out my left side. To see his little face, to feel his little head in my hands. He's due Saturday! I expect him to make his appearance before then, but I suppose that's up to him. So here's what I think will be my last chance to do a formal bumpdate.

How far along: 39 weeks +1 day

How big is the baby: Baby Center says he's about 20 inches long and 7 pounds, the size of a mini watermelon. And that makes me think of The Office. Chances are he isn't too very big, though. His brother was 6 pounds full-term.

Sleep: Sometimes fine, sometimes not. I usually wake up every two or few hours to a contraction, or a foot in my rib, or a hiccuping baby, or the need to hit the loo.

Best moment of the week: That moment when I realized that I completely trust my body to bring this baby into the world. Suddenly I stopped stressing about the contractions that I've been having for weeks. I'll know when they're real.

Food cravings: Sugar. Sweets. Cookies. Somehow my son thinks I ate all of his and his dad's cookies. In fairness, they were OUR cookies. And there's totally a stash in the freezer.

Movement: Yup. Kicks, punches, stretches, hiccups. I can't wait to see him in action!

Labor signs: I've had contractions – sometimes regular, sometimes not – for the past few weeks. I guess that's pre-labor, and it's getting old.

What I really miss: Bending at my waist, wine, sleeping on my back.

Most worried about: Big Brother being upset that we're gone if we have to spend the night in the hospital. I know he'll be fine, of course. I just can't help thinking about it when he asks for "mama" every time he wakes up.

I'm looking forward to: Meeting him!

Anything else? We still haven't settled on a name. But I suppose we'll get that sorted out before too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment