Sunday, November 4, 2012

26 Weeks: This New Little Person

So much of the energy I've given to this pregnancy has been to worry about how our lives will change. How much more exhausted we'll be. How it will affect First. How cool it's going to be to have another member in our family. But I haven't really spent any time thinking about THIS baby. What he's going to be like. How wonderful it's going to be to meet him. What my hopes and dreams are for him.

I haven't even taken the time to start cultivating love for this little person. There isn't that giddy anticipation that was so delicious before First was born. Not yet, at least.

Pregnancy is a roller coaster ride of emotions. When I have time to myself to reflect on them, I discover cues for being better and more mindful. It's just harder and harder to find that quiet time when I seem to require so much rest between parenting and chores and errands.

I'm lucky to have a friend who I can talk to about everything that sucks and is magical about parenting and pregnancy. It's a damn shame she's thousands of miles away, and that we've never actually been mothers together in the same town. I asked her to write up a post about expecting her second child (about 6 weeks before I'm expecting mine), and she has the thought of "time" on her mind, too. Please come back tomorrow to see what Jennifer has to say about life as we currently know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment