Tuesday, September 11, 2012

18 Weeks: Packing the Nanny

After nearly three weeks on the road with my toddler, I'm wiped. Chasing him down after climbing out of the Pack & Play instead of napping. Dealing with his screaming nastiness instead of eating or going someplace to put him to sleep. Sharing a hotel room. Sugar crashes. Boredom. It feels really good to be home.

But I learned something new. Someone had a genius idea of hiring a babysitter to watch our guy at my sister-in-law's wedding this weekend. The festivities were taking place at her new in-law's home, so we were a hop, skip and a jump away in a lovely tent in the yard. We thought we would hand him off to her for just a little while during dinner, but... shortly after walking down the aisle, he started screaming "outside! outside!" I quietly walked him out to the nanny, and that was that.

The extended family got to see him in person (for a minute). We had a great time. He had a great time. I took a half hour to put him to sleep in the Pack & Play in a quiet room, but then I got to go back to the reception and stay through the WHOLE thing. I really wanted to figure out how to tote this sweet college student with us to the UK. My guess is she would come in extra handy when there's another one on the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment