Monday, September 3, 2012

17 Weeks: Ba-Bump

I did a terrible job of tracking milestones in my last pregnancy. What was tracked was listed in journal entries with just the day's date. I have NO idea how far along I was when I started showing. And my "free" time is too limited these days to go back and figure it out. As in, I'd maybe consider reading Fifty Shades of Grey before getting around to it.

I'd say I'm there now this time around. A bump seems to show up in the photos from the North Shore getaway my husband and I took last week. My pants definitely don't button anymore. But it's not so obvious – people who don't see me all the time don't seem to notice right away.

The tricky thing is that I'm going to a Quite Fancy wedding this weekend. Finding the perfect dress is important to me. I don't want to roll up to my sister-in-law's wedding looking like a potato in a flowery bag. I want to look good, dammit! I want to glow! (In a radiant way, not a channeling-the-90s-dayglo way.)

Maternity dresses are too long in the front and big in the chest. The dresses I would normally choose are too fitted through the waist. Thankfully it took me a day to find a dress that I'm very excited about. It's a fabulous color, a fabulous fit, and I LOVE it. What do you think it would take to feel this enthusiastic about how I look in 20 weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment