Tuesday, February 12, 2013

40 Weeks +3: Rage Monster

When I don't sleep well, everything falls apart. I'm cranky. I eat food that makes me feel crummy. I become forgetful. I yell at the dog. I snap at the people around me. Generally speaking, I suck as  human.

I would prefer that the sleep deprivation of the newborn days overlap with the sleep deprivation of life with a melodramatic toddler as much as possible. Right now, the exhaustion, frustration and discomfort are completely interfering with my ability to enjoy these last days of pregnancy. I have no patience to have fun with my two-year-old. I have no energy to tackle new projects. I don't care if I clean my shower AGAIN. I just don't want to be pregnant any more.

The sooner I can begin recovery from birth, the sooner I can get back to my old self. Bending at the waist! Running! Jumping! Drinking wine when I've had a day that makes me want to pull out my hair! Mostly I look forward to being able to play with my kids without being distracted by strange pains in my ribs, contractions (OMG, would they just f*ing do something already?) and urinary urges.

Yes, I realize that my little guy benefits from every day that he soaks up the nutrients from that freaky magical organ called a placenta. I don't want to evict him before he's ready. I just really, really wish he were ready RIGHT NOW. After all, his grandpa is on the way soon and I'd like for them to meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment